Five Horizons offers free and confidential rapid testing for HIV and HCV (Hepatitis C). Tests are provided in our office and at community testing events.
The OraQuick Rapid HIV-1 Antibody Test - Available at no cost.
OraQuick uses a mouth swab. Results are provided in 20 minutes.
The INSTI® HIV-1/HIV-2 Rapid Antibody Test - Available at no cost.
The INSTI® HIV-1/HIV-2 Rapid Antibody Test is a rapid in vitro qualitative test for the detection of antibodies to Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 1 and Type 2 in human whole blood, fingerstick blood, or plasma. Results are available in as little as 60 seconds.
Hepatitis C (HCV) Testing
The OraQuick HCV Test
OraQuick is a fingerstick blood test that detects HCV antibodies. Results are provided in 20 minutes.
Five Horizons offers mobile testing. Look for us in a community near you.
Five Horizons Prevention Philosophy
Five Horizons offers HIV/AIDS prevention education services to all individuals and entities in West Alabama. Specific target groups:
- Students in West Alabama colleges, universities, and public schools,
- individuals at high risk for HIV infection due to multiple sex partners and needle use,
- individuals who reside in areas in which HIV infection rates are high.
The goals of these prevention efforts are to:
- Provide factual information about HIV/AIDS.
- Help individuals understand their personal risk level within their community.
- Provide information on how to prevent the spread of HIV/AIDS.
- Encourage individuals to make thoughtful, responsible choices about their behavior to significantly reduce their risk of HIV infection.
To maximize effectiveness of the prevention programs, there must be repetition of the prevention message, the message must be age-appropriate, and the program must include information on changing behavior and skills-building.
To schedule a prevention session, contact Ann James at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SISTA (Sisters Informing Sisters on Topics about AIDS)
With African-American women contracting HIV more quickly than other demographic groups, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) developed the SISTA Program.
SISTA is a peer-led, social skills training program aimed at preventing HIV infection in African-American women. It is comprised of five 2-hour sessions, delivered by peer facilitators in a community-based setting. Group sessions are conducted that focus on ethnic and gender pride, HIV knowledge, and skills training around sexual risk reduction behaviors and decision making.
Five Horizons’ SISTA Program is funded by Gilead Sciences, Inc.
To schedule SISTA, contact Ann James at email@example.com.